Our focus for this issue is “to inspire”, and here’s a little peek at what’s inside:
- President Sean Russell discusses growth, service and humble pride;
- Safety Rep Mircea Rotenberg shares the 24/7 safety mindset, and how our maintenance crews work with new technology;
- Administrative Asst. and Clinical Compliance Guru Traci Burns explains what it’s like to work with a true team, why she could be president of the Flight Crew Fan Club, and what “potato” means to her;
- Membership Sales Manager George Nava talks about his enthusiasm for educating the public on the benefits of membership, the rewards of grassroots politics, and his early days as a rock salesman;
- Facilities Manager Jim Walker comments on corporate procurement, the joy of a silent phone, and his love of the REACH mission;
- HR Assistant Caroline Dickman reveals the challenge of choosing a college major, discovering her affinity for HR, and the value of “the little things”;
- Asst. Chief Pilot George Jacobs reflects on growing up with big dreams, his admiration for REACH’s hiring prowess, and the rewards of conducting pilot evaluations;
- Regional Business Manager Glenn McIntyre praises supporting the front line, embracing healthy competition, and “checking the passion box”.
The “Spotlight” shines on Program Manager Eric Polan, who shares an abundance of insight and info on REACH 17, our helicopter base in Mather, CA and REACH 50, our fixed-wing base at the Sacramento Airport. Read about how they will soon join forces in one location. Also included this issue: a tribute to Hank Hillsman, our former Director of Maintenance and the man who established the groundwork for the amazing department we have today; three patient transport stories guaranteed to inspire; recent awards and recognitions; staff updates and new hires; and a heads-up on upcoming events.
Thank you for reading this issue! We gratefully welcome your feedback.